New Free COVID-19 Testing Ste is Now Open in Venice
This is a new site, that is on the Island of Venice, in the south parking lot of the Venice Community Center, 326 Nokomis Ave. South, it is a joint venture of the Department of Health, the City of Venice and Sarasota-based Lab Services.
Free PCR testing will be offered 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday. No appointments will be required, and anyone can be tested, regardless of symptoms.
This new Venice site is in addition to the four other public sites currently in Sarasota County:
- Former Sarasota Kennel Club, 5400 Old Bradenton Rd, Sarasota. This drive-through site is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. offering rapid and PCR COVID-19 testing.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex parking lot, 1845 34th Street, Sarasota. This walk-up site is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PCR COVID-19 testing is available throughout the day.
- Ed Smith Stadium parking lot, 2700 12th Street, Sarasota. This drive-through COVID-19 testing site will offer PCR testing only and will operate seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This site is operated by Real Diagnostics.
- Dallas White Park, 5900 Greenwood Ave, North Port. This walk-up site is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. PCR COVID-19 testing is available throughout the day. This site is operated by Lab Services.
Manatee County currently has one Large Public Testing Location
FREE TESTING SITE AT BRADENTON AREA CONVENTION CENTER
The Florida Department of Health in Manatee County (DOH-Manatee) and Manatee County Government have teamed up to offer an additional location for COVID-19 testing.
Testing (rapid or PCR upon request) is free of charge.
This is a walk-up operation, no appointment necessary. Government-issued photo ID is required.
Bradenton Area Convention Center
1 Haben Boulevard
Palmetto, FL 34221
Daily, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
OTHER TESTING SITES
Many pharmacies offer COVID-19 testing. Nearby testing sites are listed below:
Near Bradenton Area Convention Center:
- Walgreens 8th Ave. Palmetto
- CVS 8th Ave. Palmetto
- CVS Bradenton
- CVS West Bradenton
- Ellenton Urgent Care
Doctors’ offices and the Florida Department of Health in Manatee can also provide testing.
MCR HEALTH COLLECTION KIT AVAILABILITY
Testing is available at all MCR Health locations. Drive through testing is no longer available.
Patient fees for the testing and any associated costs will be determined at the time of the visit.