D-SNAP Benefits Available to Manatee Residents Impacted by Hurricane Ian
MANATEE COUNTY, FL (October 11, 2022) – Manatee County residents can apply for Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP). This program provides food assistance for individuals and families impacted by Hurricane Ian and who are not receiving food assistance benefits through the regular Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP).
D-SNAP is being implemented by the Florida Department of Children and families (DCF) in phases and by county. Pre-registration is required by all applicants. Manatee County residents are in Phase Two and can register the week of October 17 to 23, 2022, via phone. In the coming weeks, DCF will host in-person D-SNAP events for residents who cannot participate by phone. The locations for in-person D-SNAP events will be announced soon.
To qualify for D-SNAP benefits:
- Applicants must NOT be receiving regular SNAP benefits.
- Applicants must have been living or working in a disaster-declared county at the time of Hurricane Ian.
- Applicants must have suffered a disaster-related lost such as:
- Damage to their home(s) or self-employment property
- Loss of food
- Reduction or loss of income
- Other disaster-related expenses
To apply for D-snap benefits:
- Pre-register online by visiting MyFLFamilies.com/DSNAP
- Manatee County Pre-Registration Dates: Monday, October 17 to Sunday, October 23
- After pre-registration is complete, applicants in the Phase Two Schedule must call the D-SNAP Call Center at 850-663-1919 between 7 A.M. AND 5 P.M. EST on the designated day listed below to complete a phone interview.
- Last name begins with A-F: Call on Thursday, October 20-21
- Last name begins with G-N: Call on Friday, October 21-22
- Last name begins with O-Z: Call on Saturday, October 22-23
The Department will hold in-person D-SNAP events for residents who cannot participate by phone. On-site locations will be announced soon. Visit MyFLFamilies.com/HurricaneIan to learn more.
- Verification is required for certain elements of the application.
- Eligibility can be determined more quickly and easily if a state driver’s license or identification number and a Social Security number is provided.
- Pre-registration will only be open for counties listed in the current phase; Manatee residents can apply October 17 to 23.
- Residents who are unable to pre-register online can visit one of the D-SNAP event locations in-person when they are open.
For more information on Manatee County Government, visit mymanatee.org or call (941) 748-4501. For information about Manatee County's Hurricane Ian recovery efforts, go to mymanatee.org/manateerecovers. And follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @manateegov