Sarasota County Fire Department Reminds All to Never Fry a Frozen Turkey
Sarasota County Fire Department wants the community to have a safe holiday season.
Please see this link to video from Sarasota County Fire Department with important information on turkey frying safety.
Additional cooking safety tips:
- If you’re using an oil fryer or grill, only use it outdoors and away from siding, deck railings and tree branches.
- Stay in the kitchen and stay alert.
- Keep an eye on what you fry. Most cooking fires start when someone is frying food.
- Make sure children and pets stay at least 3 feet away from the cooking area.
- Avoid wearing loose clothing or dangling sleeves that can catch fire if they come into contact with flame or electric burners. Also, keep objects like pot holders, oven mitts, utensils and food packaging away from the stove top.