Vietnam Veteran Saved from Fire by Rescue Dog

Vietnam veteran Brian Rand, of Beaufort, South Carolina, escaped his home just moments before it was consumed by fire -- thanks to Curly, a rescue dog who nudged him awake in the middle of the night.

The situation was very serious. When Brian woke up, heavy smoke was filling the house. And within a minute or two, the fire completely engulfed the ceiling in the attic.

Thanks to Curly, Brian walked out of the house unharmed.

And the funny thing is, Brian admits that he never planned on adopting a dog. But, Curly may be the only reason he's alive today.